Medical Gas Professional Healthcare Organization

Leading through education, we save lives


DDS Fire

  • Monday, January 13, 2020 4:28 PM
    Message # 8563873
    Al Moon (Administrator)

    Girl recovering after mouth caught fire at dentist, attorney says

    'Spark was created in her mouth'

    Posted: 10:08 AM, Jan 07, 2020

    Updated: 9:50 AM, Jan 07, 2020

    By: KTNV Staff


  • Monday, January 13, 2020 4:29 PM
    Reply # 8563878 on 8563873
    Al Moon (Administrator)

    LAS VEGAS, Nev. -- For one Las Vegas valley family, a trip to the dentist's office turned into a several-night stay at the hospital.

    "You go in thinking that you're in good hands and that your child's going to be safe," said Alison Brasier, attorney for the family involved in the case. "And so this has been kind of a traumatic event for the whole family."

    PREVIOUS: Family claims daughter's mouth set on fire at dentist

    That family is now suing Dr. Deep Karan Dhillon and Just for Kids Dentistry and Orthodontics in Centennial Hills. The family claims the dentist failed to take proper precautions to keep their child safe during a routine dental procedure.


  • Monday, January 13, 2020 4:35 PM
    Reply # 8563936 on 8563873
    Al Moon (Administrator)

    The parents of a 5-year-old girl in Las Vegas filed a lawsuit last week claiming that their daughter’s mouth was set on fire during a routine dental procedure.

    The parents filed the lawsuit in state district court against Deep Karan Dhillon for injuries the girl apparently suffered, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported Friday.

    The parents of a 5-year-old girl claim their daughter's mouth caught on fire during a routine dental procedure last year, according to a lawsuit. 

    The parents of a 5-year-old girl claim their daughter's mouth caught on fire during a routine dental procedure last year, according to a lawsuit.  (iStock)

    Court documents say Dhillon used a tool known as a diamond bur to smooth the girl's teeth while she was under anesthetics. The procedure emitted a spark that "caused the throat pack in (the girl's) mouth to ignite and produce a fire" that lasted one or two seconds, the lawsuit alleges.

    The girl was rushed to a hospital where she remained for four days with burns to her palate and lower lip, according to the lawsuit.


  • Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:42 AM
    Reply # 8571797 on 8563873

    Thanks for the article. You wouldn't think a diamond bur tool could create a spark off of a tooth. I wonder what he might have hit to creat the spark.

16339 Kranker Drive, Stilwell, KS 66085

mgpho@me.com